Monday, September 22, 2014

10 Things About This Week

1. We had a broken fire alarm.
We were asked to make sure it worked. It did, but immediately after we tested it, it began doing the "low battery chirp" thing. Ugh. That happened all night. Luckily, it was Monday the next day and we could get a new battery! Hooray!
2. We had an awesome new member lesson with Whitney!
She is really neat. We helped put her at ease about speaking publicly and serving, which was good. I am just so glad I get to work with her.
3. I went to the doctor
Remember how I've been sick? Yeah, I finally went to the doctor and I have a sinus infection. Tah-dah! He took my temperature, and he said, "Oh, it looks like you have a little fever!" I said, "I do? I do!" I finally felt validated. I was trying to have a stiff upper lip about everything, but suddenly I had permission to be sick. So I got a prescription of antibiotics and went home and slept for 3 hours. Hooray! Now I am feeling better, which is nice. Here's to an awesome coming week!
4. We went to visit someone who is a lost sheep, and her birthday is on November 9, right between Mom and Jeanette!
It made me think of both of you. That is all.
5. We had a really good dinner with a member, Tina!
She told me I need to move to a big city. I said I'd think about it. I'll start with Portland. And her food was amazing!
6. Transfer week!
Sister McCauley and I are still together! Phew. It was a little uncertain at first, but we're here together for one more transfer.
7. Transfer week!
We had been working as the only missionaries in our ward, but with transfers came the news that we were getting Elders in our ward, too! We pulled together some good teaching records, a ward list, and a map color coded by area (to match the color coded ward list) to help them out. I think they appreciated it.
8. We got taken to dinner with Sister Cole this week.
She is cool, and has been on a cool trip to Scotland. It makes me want to plan a cool trip.
9. We had a rock and roll thunder storm.
So, I sleep with earplugs in a lot (my companion is NOT a quiet sleeper), but I was awakened at one point by the thunder. Yikes! It was still pretty cool, though.
10. Primary Program Sunday!
Oh, man. I did not make a Primary Program bingo card this year, but I did see some good classic examples of some of my favorite things: One kid dancing during songs, one little girl who kept beckoning her mom to join her on the stand (Mom just kept shaking her head, "no"), one kid who kept waving, one kid who got up to the microphone and promptly forgot what to say, and so many others. Have you all had a primary program recently? How did it go?
This week should be fun. Our ward camp out is this weekend (Yeah, I don't get it either. Don't you normally have a ward camp out in the summer?), and there is a RS activity, AND the general Women's Broadcast on Sunday! It feels like the kickoff to General Conference, and I am so excited about it! I hope you are, too.
I love you all! I am looking forward to the next few weeks, and I am working on being better every day!
Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment