Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 2 in Lincoln!

Well, after I left the library last week, we went to Memorial Stadium, home of the Huskers! People here get fanatical about the Huskers; it's a little scary. They say that the stadium, on game days, becomes the state's 3rd largest city. I think it's the state's largest religion. We don't do work on game days--we weekly plan and try to plan lessons or service around the game. If you knock doors, people either aren't home, or they aren't interested--and pretty crabby that you've decided to choose that particular time to talk to them. The first game of the season is Saturday, so if you all could pray for us not to get caught in the craziness, that would be great! :) I actually don't think it will be too bad, but who knows? I was in Kearney last year for Husker Season--not really close enough to Lincoln to know. Anyway, Attached is a photo of me and the other sisters (Me, S. Papavero, S. McCauley, S. Lambert) on the field! Yay!
On Tuesday was our zone conference, which was so good! I love being with other missionaries and being able to learn from them and feel the Spirit. It is cool to do that. I was also able to see missionaries I haven't seen in ages. A lot of us are now in the Lincoln area, and I am glad to be here with them.
This week, S. McCauley got sick. She was out for about 2 days, which meant I did a lot of waiting and sitting. And watching of Conference DVDs! Mom sent me some of the last conference a few weeks back, and they came in handy! I have also watched a set that someone gave us from 2007, which was kind of cool. Both President Hinckley and President Faust were still alive then, so it was kind of neat to hear their voices and listen to their words.
In other news, S. McCauley and I invited another investigator to be baptized this week, and she accepted! It's just exciting to be seeing how we can help others feel the Spirit and realize that there is a way they can feel the Spirit more continually. In fact, that lesson was so spiritually amazing. It was probably one of the most spirit-filled lessons I've ever participated in, and it wasn't because of me. It was because of the member who came to the lesson with us. She's a convert, and she bore such a sweet, powerful testimony of how she came to be a member and how she knew families were forever that it made it easy for us to teach and invite our investigator to be baptized. So, accompany the missionaries when you can, because your voice and your testimony might be just the one they need. Just join them! I promise it's pretty cool.
Anyway, I love you all and I probably need to go, but I love you all a ton and I can't wait to hear from you more this week!
Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment