Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It was the best of times...

...it was the worst of times. This week? Has been a tough one. Let's just say that I have probably cried more with Sister Larson than with any other companion, and it has nothing to do with Sister Larson (here's my testimony of Sister Larson: She is one of the most obedient, diligent missionaries I know, and it helps me to be obedient and diligent. Plus she's funny). 
There's what's called the Adjusting to Missionary Life booklet, and in SEVERAL different places, it says something to the effect of, "If your tasks become overwhelming, break the tasks up and tell yourself, 'All I have to do right now is_____'" We like to joke about it and say things like, "All I have to do right now is... sit in a corner and cry." or "All I have to do is... lock the car door and cry." It helps with us to make it funnier than it really is and helps us to put things in perspective. And sometimes, we do actually cry. Like this week.  
 
 Let's talk about the Best of Times! We went to the temple on Saturday with Penny (This is the woman that takes the wonderful pictures)and it was the best thing ever!  It was amazing. After the crazy storm that is our lives this week, we were able to go to the temple with someone who has become a friend, and to see her experience the joy and spirit in the temple was amazing. And then to be able to just experience the peace ourselves was really important. It felt so good to be in the temple after being unable to attend for over a year.
 It's what I needed. It's amazing that Heavenly Father knows what we need.The timing was perfect, and you KNOW who's perfect. (Hint: not me!)
Basically, the temple was lovely, and I don't want to take it for granted again.

I have to go, but I love you all! I can't wait to hear from you in letters over the coming weeks!

Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment