Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy Easter! One day late...

Hey, family! Guess who's finally moving this week? We are! Sister Gomez and I, that is. Any guesses as to where? I'll start by letting you all know that we are fortunate enough to be living with members still, which is great. We will be living with the Longhursts, who are the nicest couple known to man. They have made changes to some things in their home to accommodate us, and we are so grateful. Now, are you ready to know where, physically, we will be moving? South Dakota! You guys, I will now have lived in 3 of the 4 states within mission boundaries (Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota)! How cool is that? I don't have high hopes of living in Kansas any time soon, but I suppose it's always a possibility. One never knows! I'll try and take pictures of the new setup soon. We move in officially on Wednesday, but some of our stuff is already there, and we are taking more today. It's work to move on your mission! Transfers usually just means packing your bags. This means moving EVERYTHING: area books, materials, pamphlets, everything. I know it's nothing like Jeanette's recent move, but for us it feels huge! :)
I went on Spanish Exchanges again this week, and it was pretty fun. Most of our lessons were in English with a little bit of Spanish mixed in. Mostly I think people felt sorry for me and spoke in English so the poor monolingual girl didn't feel left out. But! Those Spanish Sisters are so awesome! They just had a baptism this week, and it was so much fun to work with them and to see their hard work. Basically I love them. 

We had a fun Easter. First of all, I sang in the ward choir, and I will have you all know that I sang soprano. (I know!) AND that I hit a G. (I KNOW!) That, my friends, might be something that never happens again, but I think it was an Easter blessing. Then we had a dinner at a member's home with, like, three or four other families from the ward. I wish I could just be their friends! They were all so funny and it was a fun time. We also got to see a beautiful thunder storm while eating dinner, so that was great. 

Finally, that evening, we were able to see someone we'd been trying to see for ages. We were able to see her, teach a lesson, and set a time for us to go back! It's the little things, I think, that sometimes mean the most. 

This week... not a lot going on. Just another exchange, a chance to teach more people the gospel, and another chance to see amazing things happen. 

Are you all reading your scriptures? If you aren't, I'll just remind you that it's one of the simplest things you can do to help yourself. Imagine asking for answers to a question, but you never open the book where the answers are. That would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? So, go check out the answer book! There might be something in there!

I love you all to tiny pieces! Go do something fun, then write me about it!

Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment