Monday, April 7, 2014

Blue Bunny and Spring

I think, just maybe, Spring might be here. Although it snowed on Thursday night. That was kind of a bummer. But Sunday it was 73 and sunny, and this morning it was 60 when we left the house! I might cry...
We did the last of the exchanges for the transfer last week, so hooray! But this week is the last week of the transfer, so next week it starts all over again. Hooray! I like exchanges, but they can be exhausting. Sister Gomez and I talk about why we are so tired as missionaries, and we think it is because it is tiring to have the Spirit with you constantly. That's our theory, anyway. I sometimes wish that P Day could be renamed Nap Day, but that rarely happens. In fact, as a missionary, P Day isn't really very relaxing. There is so much to do, and so little time to do it in, that you don't just relax. Today, however, we are travelling to LeMars, IA to visit the Blue Bunny ice cream parlor. One of the sisters is convinced she is being transferred, so she wants to visit LeMars to have ice cream, and seeing how as I looooove ice cream, I thought it was a splendid idea. I shall eat a million ice cream scoops and roll home. 

Our Bishopric in the Sioux City 2nd Ward changed this week, which was exciting. The new Bishop seems cool. His wife is the Relief Society President, so I am guessing that will change soon, as well. We have been to their home to eat, and I love their family. I think he will be a good, dedicated bishop. 

Also, a family we visit regularly had a dog that had puppies! The dog was in labor during our last visit, so that was interesting, though there were no puppies while we were there. But the dog sure was testy any time someone looked at her! And then they texted us at 11:30 pm to give us the puppy update. :) We stopped by to see them the next day, and the puppies were so roly-poly, and I loved it! We have a lesson with them later this week, which should be fun. 

We went to the Women's broadcast on Saturday, and I loved it! The program was beautiful, and I loved it when Sister Wixom (right?) had all the girls and women sing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light". It was super cool. I also really liked the talk by the RS President (whose name currently escapes me). It was such a lovely night, and it has me thinking about Conference this week. Something that makes me sad is when people use conference weekend as a vacation from church. It's far too monumental to take a break from. So, read 3 Nephi 17:3, and see how the Savior had the people prepare for His message. Then pattern your preparation after His suggestions. I know it can help you receive the answers you need and feel the love of Heavenly Father. 

I love you all, and I love the letters you all send. Keep sending them!
Love,
Sister Loradona May
Nebraska Omaha Mission
11027 Martha Street
Omaha, NE 68144 (In case anyone forgot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment