Monday, October 21, 2013

And The Verdict Is....

... I'm staying in Kearney! I didn't think I'd be leaving, so it isn't really a surprise. But I thought I'd lead off with that, just so you know for sure where I am. So you can still go to Google Earth or whatnot and spy on Kearney from space.
 
Kearney loves me, it seems. The Branch President told me he requested that I spend the rest of my mission in Kearney, and the Bishop of the family ward is trying to get me married off to one of the members of the YSA, not that that's awkward for a missionary or anything. Forget the fact that I'm not actually a YSA. Or that I'm really not thinking about that right now. Or that I would even want to marry anyone here. Sigh. Another banner week in Kearney! (Don't worry, Mom. I have no intention of marrying anyone any time soon, and of course I'll return to Oregon after my mission. I don't love Nebraska that much, though I do love it, oddly enough!)
 
We learned of transfers on Tuesday at district meeting, and no one in Kearney moved or changed or anything, but one of the Kearney Elders did become our new District Leader. Fun fact: Sister May has had a different District Leader for every single transfer of her mission! The first one I left because of transfers, the second one left because he was transferred, then the next one went home because he ended his mission, then the one I just had got transferred to Lincoln. It's cool, though. Change can be fun. Plus, our new District Leader seems like he'll do a good job. I don't think I've had a bad one yet, though one was kind of scary, and one was super trunky. But they've all been good.
 
One of the cool thing about working with the YSA is that we get to encourage them to attend Institute and then we go ourselves. That's really fun. We're always trying to get our less active and more recent converts to attend, as well as the regular members. It's slow, but more people have come the last couple of weeks. We're working on it and trying to build the numbers.
 
We're also trying to build the Saturday night game night into a missionary tool that people can invite their friends to as a way to get nonmembers inside the building. Sometimes it's easier to come to church if you've already been inside, even if you've just been into the gym to play basketball or Uno.
 
I spoke on Sunday! I spoke about faith and building faith, and acting in faith. Sometimes, you need to act before you can be blessed. Heavenly Father blesses us when we take steps forward ourselves, in faith, believing we can do what we need to do. I think it's time to invent a new word: faithing. I know, I know, as Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes would say, "Verbing weirds language." (Go do a Google search for that cartoon; you'll like it. Now back to our regularly scheduled letter.) But I think since everyone always says, "Faith is an action!" that we should make it an action word already. So I can go faith, or do some faithing. I am going to faith this week, and I hope you all faith this week, too. Faith with me, people!
 
We had a cool experience last night, teaching someone we've been trying to get back into contact with for ages, and we taught him and his roommate, and we get to go back next week, too! So we're making tiny steps of progress.
 
It's starting to be cold out here. I mean, it isn't freezing or anything, but it is chilly. So: Mom can send me a few scarves. Also? I find that I am wearing tights every single day. I am such a weather wimp. Last Monday, it rained so hard that water started pouring through our window! Luckily Sister Gulledge and I were sitting on the sofa writing letters when it happened, so we could just jump up and put towels all around the window. It certainly made for an exciting afternoon. We called the property manager, who was stymied. They said they would send someone to fix it.... but that hasn't happened yet. That's okay--it hasn't rained since then, so we haven't worried about floods. But I am mildly concerned, should it ever start to pour like that again.
 
Ummm... I feel like I am forgetting something. I'm sure I am. But that's the gist of the week. I love you all! Seriously, so much! And I love the pictures that you send me in my email and in letters--it's awesome!
 
One more Fun Fact: Last Thursday was my 6 month anniversary for entering the MTC, and today is Sister Gulledge's 2 month anniversary for entering the MTC, so we're celebrating today! Hooray! Next week is zone conference, so that should be fun. I'll tell you all about it in.. 2 weeks. Eh. I am sure it will be amaaaaazing!
 
I'll write to you next week! I hope you all have a good week and I love you!
 
Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment