Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day a day late!

Hello family!

Spring has truly arrived, complete with humidity, thunderstorms, and deafening claps of thunder that shake you awake in the middle of the night. Mazel tov! So far, I'm surviving, and I LOVE the thunderstorms. They are so beautiful, and unlike any we see in Oregon. They are just so intense! I don't think I will ever get tired of the Midwest thunderstorms. 

Sister Larson is from Coeur d'Alene, ID--did I mention that already? So now I know where to visit when we drive up to visit Jeanette and Kyler! She is a lot of fun, and she is getting to know the people here. Fun fact: she was in the MTC with me, too! How awesome is that? 2 companions in a row, both from my group. 

We had Zone Conference this week in Council Bluffs, IA, which meant a long drive and a good day of being spiritually uplifted. We got to stay with the Fairview Sisters, one of which was Sister Stiles, whom I trained! How fun is that? I'll answer: really fun! The zone conference was all about families and The Family: Proclamation to the World. Basically: remember that the gospel blesses families and that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that is what we need to focus on. The family is super important, and I am particularly glad to have such a good family. I love you all so much! Our mission president (weirdly) asked us to start thinking about things we wanted to do/have in our future families, which was strange to think about while on a mission. That's okay, because it basically made me think about things that I wanted to continue in my family in the future from our family. Things like Family Home Evening, lots of music of every kind, learning how to cook, road trips, and poking around in the dirt. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for helping us to be a strong family. Thanks for being good examples, and for keeping us strong in the gospel. So much depends on individual agency, and you helped us to use our agency better so we could do the right things and make good choices. And a super thanks for being supportive on my mission. I really couldn't have come on a mission without your help. I knew it was what I was supposed to do, and you helped me recognize that. So thanks. And a huge thanks to Jeanette and Cliff, too, who gently bugged and urged me on in the whole process. Being a missionary can be hard, and emotionally trying at times, but I don't regret--ever--coming on a mission. I have absolute confidence that I am doing exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to do. I have no idea what life looks like after my mission, but while I am here, I have that calm reassurance that I am doing the right thing, that I am touching people's lives, and that I am learning and teaching as He expects me to. 

This week we have 2 exchanges, which should be fun. Hooray! Wish us luck!

I Love you all! Keep writing to me! I love letters!

Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment