Friday, May 23, 2014

Another one bites the dust...

So, it was transfers this week. In fact, transfer news came out on my birthday. Worst birthday ever! Not really, but Sister Gomez was transferred, so that bummed me out a little bit. When the phone rang, I wanted to answer and say, "President, this better just be a call to wish me happy birthday!" But I didn't. I knew that if there was a call, it was for her to be transferred. Sigh. So I still haven't had a companion longer than 2 transfers.
Sister Gomez and Sister Fuller traveled to Omaha together so Sister Fuller's companion, Sister Smith, and I were companions for the day. We did a variety of service, taught lessons, and then went to a graduation party for 2 of the young men of the ward. We helped them set up and manned the lemonade stand so that no one ran out of delicious lemonade. They really go all out for high school graduation parties here in the Midwest. It is a huuuuuge deal and people really through good parties with good food. I'm wishing for some of it right now...
Oh, and I made the cake Mom sent in my birthday package and took it to our district meeting. The Elders were so funny about it--I started to cut it, and one of the Elders said, "You can't cut and serve your own birthday cake!" So he cut and served. I was about to pass the piece they handed me to someone else, but an Elder said, "No! You have to have the first piece!" Fun times. But, like I knew, the Elders had it just about all eaten up by the time we had to go, so: Success!
We have another set of sisters for us to work with, so that means at least one exchange a week this transfer. This means we have an exchange tomorrow. Hooray! I hope things go well.
Um... I wish I had more to share, but I feel a little bit out of things to say. Will you forgive me? I love you all and hope Memorial Day is amazing for you! We will probably email next week on Tuesday instead of Monday, though.
Thank you for everything! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment