Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Okay, folks. I have kind of squandered my time today (no judging! I'm just slow today), so this letter may be short. But first things first: It snowed last night! It looks super pretty. And it's already kind of dirty looking on the roads. But on the ground it is lovely! And it is crazy because on Wednesday this last week, it was 70!!!! I know! This morning, however, it was 10. Easy come, easy go.
 
We had our Christmas Zone Conference this last week, which was great. It is always great to see my mission president and his wife, and I love seeing them. One of the other missionary's mom knitted all of the sisters slippers, so we each got a pair of knit slippers! I love them and they are red. I might be wearing them every chance I get. I also received Christmas packages from Mom and from Jill and Cliff. If anyone else sent anything, then they will be New Years' gifts, because that is the next time I see anyone from Omaha and the next chance to receive interesting items. Then again, maybe that's all I get, in which case, let me tell you now: I love you and I love my gifts! I haven't opened them yet, but if it was unwrapped (the tights and the scarf) then yes, I have already put it to good use. If it was wrapped, then I put it on the end table in our apartment to stare at longingly. I love presents! Especially wrapped ones!
 
We have a dinner with members on Christmas Eve, so yes, I am being cared for. Are the missionaries in the wards where you are being taken care of? Invite them over on Christmas day or Christmas Eve, or any time this week. Tell them they can teach you a lesson and you will give them hot cocoa. Believe me, this is a hard time to try to get in with people at times, and even if the members just occasionally invite the missionaries over for 30 minutes and let them teach a short lesson, that would be a delightful respite and something the missionaries would be eternally grateful for. That is the best, truly.
 
We've done a lot of caroling this week. The best was with the YSAs for our FHE on Tuesday. One of the YSAs reeeeeally likes to sing. Just belts it out. And on O Holy Night, he goes, "Okay, I'm taking the solo." So he starts to sing, and none of us do, and then he stops and says, "What happened? Why didn't any of you sing? I still need back up singers!" Oh, heavens! What a funny guy. But it was so much fun, if cold. We are doing a little more caroling tonight, and maybe tomorrow? Who knows. Our plans for tomorrow kind of changed, so who knows what we will do.
 
The YSAs are all gone, the University is closed, and we are still here, Sister Muasau and I. We are a little stymied as to what to do. I mean, this isn't really the home base for much of our age group. Oh well. We shall figure it out. 
 
In the meantime: Christmas! I get to call (Skype? Google Hangout? Something) home, and that will be cool. We will get to spend much of the day with the other Sisters in Kearney, and so that should be fun. We also get to see members and basically help others feel the spirit of the holiday.
 
Anyway, Merry Christmas! I love you all! I love your letters, your packages, and your... everything! I will keep working hard!
 
Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment