Monday, March 17, 2014

Friends from afar. Hallelujah!

So, this week has been really interesting. We spent most of our week out of our area. We went on exchanges in two different cities, then to a leadership meeting on Omaha. Oh, and I may have been sick in the middle of the week. Luckily, though, it was while we were staying with some other sisters at the member's house where they live. She was such a mom to me. She came in, and almost tried to talk me into going to urgent care, but I told her it was fine: sometimes I just get sick to my stomach and have to sleep it off. She went out and bought me Sprite and saltines, though, so that's how you know she's a mom. :) And I was fine the next day, so no worries. Actually, if I was going to be sick, it was the perfect timing: We had an exchange on Tuesday and one on Thursday, and Wednesday was District Meeting and then travel. I simply got sick instead of traveling, and we traveled on Thursday morning instead. So Heavenly Father helped us still get everything accomplished we needed to.
He also blesses us in helping us get appointments and lessons in the days we were actually in our area! We may not have taught as many lessons on Saturday and Sunday as we would have in a whole week, but we were able to teach more than normal on those days and really make contact with people we needed to see. AND members gave us rides so we didn't have to use our precious, precious miles! Hooray! For Saturday and Sunday, we drove 7 miles. Hallelujah! 

Speaking of Hallelujah, it was 60 yesterday! And it's going to be above 60 today! It is supposed to be cold again tomorrow, but the rest of the week is supposed to be nice! I am so excited for spring. Life feels different in the spring. It doesn't feel quite as depressing when it is 60 as when it is -15. Even if it is sunny when it is -15, you still want to crawl into a hole and hibernate. When it is 60, though, you feel like some layers can come off. In fact, last week I was wearing leggings, tights, and fleece tights under my skirt. Today? NO tights! I love it! 

Saturday night brought a fun treat to me and Sister Gomez: The Rasmussens (from Aloha, not Canada) took us to dinner! They have been working on some contracting projects and moving around a lot for that, but right now they are in Sergeant Bluff, which is just 4 miles south of Sioux City and in the next ward boundaries. So they got a hold of us and we went to dinner in Sioux City. It was really nice of them to do that, and since we had been walking all over Sioux City that day, they drove us back to our car so we didn't have to walk back to it. 

We continue to teach and find people. We had an investigator and her children come to church yesterday, and I think everyone had a good experience. It was really neat. Keep praying for missionary experiences and how to help people find the gospel. I have seen how it absolutely changes people and their lives. It isn't possible through any other way but through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, plain and simple. I have really seen miracles in how people have altered their behaviors through the gospel. 

I love you all, and I hope you are all doing well! If you want to know a secret, it's this: pray! It will help you!

Love,
Sister Loradona May

No comments:

Post a Comment